This rare floor lamp was designed by Studio BBPR and produced by Artemide, Italy in 1962. The striking design consists of a circular base in nickel plated steel with three parts leading to the central tubular steel stem. The shade is made of reeded glass which gives the lamp a pleasant and indirect light distribution. The design is completed by the circular hat-like steel ring which appears to float on the glass shade. The high quality industrial materials are applied in a very innovative and elegant way, which is exemplary for the work of the Studio BBPR architects.
The lamp is in very good original condition with a beautiful, natural and even patina on the chrome parts. Currently wired with a 220 V European plug.
Literature reference: C. Fiell, P. Fiell, 1000 Lights Vol. 2, Taschen, Cologne, 2005, page 39.