This large four-door panelled cabinet was designed by Paolo Buffa in the early 1950s. The composition of the striking grain of the eight mahogany veneered panels and the decorative brass details give the cabinet a refined and elegant appearance. The design is completed by the solid walnut tapered legs with brass sabots and a brown colored glass top.
The cabinet has two single doors and one double, with a key for each. The maple interior has four wooden shelves, one glass shelf and two drawers. One of the doors has been brandmarked with “Esposizioni Permanente Mobili Cantu”.
Biography: After working briefly in Gio Ponti’s studio in the 1920s, Milanese architect and designer Paolo Buffa (1903-1970) quickly made a name for himself amongst the Milanese upper classes. His designs are original, beautifully executed and highly refined, combining the neoclassical with the functional and modern. Executed in only the most valuable materials, his designs are infused with Lombardy’s woodworking traditions. These characteristics make Buffa’s work highly collectable.